Friday, June 16th 2023
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Exercise is a whole lot of fun in this evidence-based Enhance Fitness exercise program. Participants are led by a certified instructor in an hour long class focused on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility.
A typical one-hour session includes:
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobic workout that gets participants moving
- A 5-minute cool-down to lower the heart rate safely
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft cuff weights on the arms and legs (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
- Dynamic and static balance exercises throughout the class
- Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends
Classes are open to anyone 55+, no registration required.