Tuesday, May 17th 2022
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
The training will be facilitated virtually through the online video-conference platform Zoom. If you would like to attend let us know if you how we can support with any accessibility needs.
Dates – May 2, welcome. Training May 3,4 ,5, 10, 11, 12, and 17, 18 and 19. There is a 2 hour opening session Monday the 2nd from 1pm-3pm. The rest of the training dates are 1-5pm each day. This is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week, for 3 weeks in a row.
Join LSH’s Bilingual Domestic Violence Program for a training to equip professionals with the tools needed to work with survivors of intimate partner violence. This training fulfills the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence’s advocate training requirements for the State of Pennsylvania.
- Introduction to domestic violence and types of abuse
- Working with children, adolescents, men, immigrants, and individuals who identify as LGBTQ
- Empowerment counseling & trauma-informed practice
- Crisis management & safety planning
- Legal system & public benefits
- DV in the medical setting
- Social change and DV policy
- Self-care for DV advocates
There are several ticket options.
- If you are an LSH staff person, intern, or volunteer already in process please select the free option.
- If you work at an allied PCADV agency please select the free ticket option.
- If you are attending for your agency or organization that is not a PCADV member we ask that you pay the full training fee.
- If the training fee is a barrier for you, please get in touch and we will make a plan for the sliding scale that works for both parties.
- Community members please get in touch if you are unable to pay the full fee so we can plan.
Each session will be recorded for internal LSH use in the future. We will work with each participant on consent for the recording as well as any other needs or boundaries. Please get in touch if this creates a barrier to you attending.
**Students please check with your placement agency before registering. If you are taking this for your internship, the agency you are working with may cover the fee, or there may be no fee necessary.**
**If the fee is a barrier for you or your agency please also get in touch to discuss options.**