The Mark Hudson Story
Lutheran Settlement House, in partnership with Mark Hudson’s family, friends and colleagues, Lunchbox Communications and the Sheller Family Foundation, is pleased to present Answering the Call to Service: The Mark Hudson Story. This documentary aims to tell Mark’s story to help shine a light on the important, and frequently overlooked, issue of men experiencing domestic violence.
You can be a part of the movement to end Domestic Violence. Here is how you can help change the story:
- Host a screening of Answering the Call to Service: The Mark Hudson Story and have a community debriefing afterwards
- Volunteer with local domestic violence service agencies (to volunteer with LSH, email email@example.com)
- Speak up when you see possible abusive actions, no matter the gender of the person being targeted
- Talk to your kids, friends, and family about ways to take action, and share the stories of times you have done so
- Talk to young people about healthy relationships
- Call your government representatives and encourage them to fight for increased funding for all victims of Domestic Violence
If you are interested in having Lutheran Settlement House facilitate a discussion about the documentary or would like to become a volunteer discussion facilitator, please email Toby Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Answering the Call to Service toolkit for information about men and domestic violence, community resources, safety planning, and film screening discussion questions.