scan0012

113 Years Serving Philadelphia!

In 1902, Lutheran Settlement House (LSH) was founded as part of the “Lutheran Social Mission Society of Philadelphia,” an urban ministry of the Lutheran Church in southeastern Pennsylvania. Lutheran Settlement House has, since its inception, served vulnerable children, adults, and families living in inner city Philadelphia, regardless of race or creed.

As part of the evolution of the settlement movement in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Lutheran Settlement House has remained in its lower Kensington neighborhood since the turn of the century.