Individual and Small Group Tutoring
- AECD offers free individual and small group tutoring for adult learners working on GED preparation, basic math and literacy, digital literacy skills, and career development.
- Volunteer tutors work with adult learners in 12-14 week cycles focused on a specific subject matter and skill set.
- To enroll, attend an information session held on the first Wednesday or third Thursday of each month at 1340 Frankford Ave. Anyone interested in enrolling in tutoring or classes must attend an information session.
- The Customer Service Training Program is a six week training program preparing participants to work in the retail field.
- Upon completion of the program participants take an exam to receive a Customer Service Certificate from the National Retail Federation.
- Adult learners enrolled in tutoring or classes may also work on career development with their tutor or teacher as needed.
- AECD offers job readiness workshops on resume building, cover letter writing, and interviewing skills and works with adults individually to find employment opportunities.